Friday, May 25, 2012

Give Me Structure

Oh.My.Soul.  I can't take it.  I can't.  They are driving me INSANE!  E has been finished with school for nearly two weeks now and it's been cartoons and playstation all day long.  The girls are still finishing up their respective workbooks and such but with no real schedule.  We're winging it.  I wanted (needed) to relax our days a little due to hubby's new work hours forcing me to wake up at 5:30am.  Somehow, the kids thought that meant they should get up too.  Umm, no.  Why are they trying to go downstairs to watch TV at 7:00am???  For real?!  I had to remind them there is no reason for them to get up so early now.  They weren't happy about that but settled for an 8:00 compromise.  Still early but more reasonable than 7:00.   Once breakfast has been eaten they are either in front of the TV or on the computer.  Part of me doesn't mind but there's the other part that needs the peace and quiet of children reading or studying in workbooks.  All day I hear "mom, can I watch this", "she hit me", "they won't share".  Puhlease, leave me alone.  When is my vacation?   Nope, can't continue like this.  I'm gonna become one of those homeschoolers who school year round.  They need the structure.  This freedom of play all day, veg in front of the TV or computer is no bueno.  We'll be doing some reading assignments, math games/worksheets and organized art  projects to keep us busy 2 - 3 days a week.  Oh, and I guess I can muster the strength to walk to the playground once or twice during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment